There are several exciting options available to you in the Main Menu of the Casino. You can easily navigate between menus by using the small orange buttons at the very bottom of the menu list (circled in yellow in the figure below).
To go to the previous menu, click the arrow button on the left. To return to the Main Menu, click on the 'Home' button. Click on any one of the choices to access that option.
Visit this section often to get the latest casino news and announcements. We will provide valuable tips to help you avoid common user errors, and give you updates on new games, promotions, and contests.
World News: View News & Stock Tickers
How do I view the news headlines and stock tickers?
- Once you have opened the LVAH Casino you will see the Main Menu appear on the right-hand side of the screen. (If you are in Practice Mode, make sure you establish your Internet connection, and then click on the 'Start Now' button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the 'World News' button.
- You will then see a dialog box asking if you want to install and run "Microsoft Investor Ticker", click Yes.
- You should then see stock tickers and news headlines slowly scroll across the bottom of your screen.
- To view an entire news story, simply click on it as it scrolls by, and your browser window will open with the full story.
How do I customize so I can view the news categories and stock tickers I'm interested in?
- On the left side of the news and stock window at the bottom of your screen, there is a small control panel. Click on the button titled 'Custom' and you will see a dialog box pop up giving you several options to customize your news and stocks.
- If you have a portfolio in http://investor.msn.com, then click "Import Portfolio Stocks into Ticker" to import it automatically.
- Otherwise, you may enter stocks you want to monitor by entering their tickers in the field near the top of the dialog box.. If you do not know what the symbol for a stock is, click the Find Symbol button.
- To change the news categories your headlines are selected from, click Modify News Categories, and you will be able to add or remove selections from the category list.
Can I change the scrolling speed of the news and stocks, or make them pause?
To increase the scrolling speed of the news and stock tickers, or to make the scrolling change directions, click the arrow buttons in the small control panel to the left of the screen. To make the scrolling stop, click the button with the small square.
How often are the headlines and stock prices updated?
You can change your custom settings to update the listings as often as every minute. Click on the Custom button in the small control panel at the left of the screen, and change the frequency of updates at the lower left-hand corner of the dialog box. You can also "refresh" the listings by pressing the Update button in the control panel.
This feature is still under development. Once completed, you will be able to chat with one or all other Las Vegas at Home players who have the casino program open and are online.
This feature allows you to see all other Las Vegas At Home players who are playing at that moment, even if they are only playing in practice mode. (Practice Mode players need to have enabled their online features by pressing the Start Now button on the right-hand side of their screen.) Players logged-in in online mode will have their aliases (user names) appear in yellow type. The aliases of practice mode players will appear in white type.
Viewing Player Profiles
To view the profile of any of the listed players who are online (have the casino program open), simply double-click on their alias and you will see a small pop-up window appear showing the person's alias, what game they are playing, and whether or not they are chatting. In that window, move your cursor down to highlight Show Profile. This will bring up the profile this player has made through the Edit Profile (see next section in this FAQ) function of the casino. If the player has not created a profile, then you will see a small x next to Show Profile in the pop-up window.
This feature allows you to create a profile that will be available for other users to view while you are online. By clicking on Edit Profile, you will get a pop-up window with a brief form for you to fill out at your discretion. When you are finished, click the Update My Profile button at the bottom of that pop-up window. All fields are optional, but please be advised that anything you fill-in will be visible by all other users. You are not required to create a profile.
How can someone view my profile?
By clicking on Who's Playing in the main menu, users can see what other players are online (have the casino program open) at that moment. If you are online, your user name (alias) will appear in this list. Another user can double-click on your user name and view your profile, if you have created one.
I don't want other people to view my profile.
If you have already created a profile but later decide that you do not want others to view it, simply click on Edit Profile in the main menu and delete the entries you made.
I want to change information I entered into my profile.
To change information you submitted in your profile, click on Edit Profile in the main menu. Change whatever information you wish, and then click the Update My Profile button.
This function allows you to search for other players to see if they are online. Simply click on this option in the main menu and you will see a dialog box appear asking you to enter the alias of the person you would like to find. Enter the alias, click the OK button, and you will immediately receive another message box either saying the person is not online, or that they are online and playing a certain game (see figure below). You must know the person's alias to use Friend Finder. You can also click Who's Playing in the Main Menu to see the user names of the other players who are online.